Hail Damage in Watertown, MNPosted:Jun 9th, 2016 2:56 am
Reports as early as 4:32a on Thursday June 9, 2016 describe hail as large as 2 inches in Watertown, MN. Watertown is located west of Minneapolis.
SMA crews will be in the area helping homeowners schedule repairs and to deal with Insurance claims for the Watertown hail event. Please Call 763-315-8900 to schedule ASAP
Hail of this size is capable of denting soft metals such as AC fins, gutters, window trims, roofing vents and more. It is also capable of dimpling asphalt shingles, eroding shingle granules and breaking off little pieces of the shingles themselves. In rare cases, large hail may also break through windows and/or patio doors.
While wind and hail damage may only seem a nuisance at first, the long term affects to your asphalt shingles can be much greater. If your roof in Watertown was damaged due to the hail storm, the life expectancy will usually decrease. When a shingle is 'bruised', 'dimpled', or 'broken', over time water can penetrate and in Minnesota turn to ice in the winter. Just as in concrete, this expanding and contracting of water over time can make the unprotected underlayment vulnerable. Eventually, the roofing system will fail and you could have a bigger problem on your hands.
Simply having a professional roofing contractor inspect the roofing material can give you the piece of mind knowing that your shingles are unharmed or need attention. If your hail damaged roof does need attention, a contractor that is experienced dealing with insurance carriers is a major bonus. They should be able to work well with an insurance adjuster and typically use the same software insurance carriers use when coming up with an equitable settlement for the homeowner. The homeowner is typically only financially responsible to pay for their insurance deductible. Many contractors will require this as a down payment since they plan to immediately start working on the homeowner's behalf.
As a GAF Master Elite roofing contractor for Watertown, MN and the entire Twin Cities area, SMA Exteriors & Restoration has worked with dozens of insurance carriers and thousands of homeowners dealing with hail and wind damage to their roof. Feel free to call with questions, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Does Insurance Cover Widnow Replacement?
- 7 Popular Types of Home Windows
- Home Window Tinting for Summer
- A Comparison between Wood Framed and Vinyl Windows
- Hail NO! Did my cabin in Nisswa or Crosby, MN Get Hit
- How to Save Money with new Siding Installation
- Can You Paint Vinyl Siding
- What Kind of Maintenance is Required for Wood Siding, Vinyl Siding and Steel Siding?
- Steel Siding VS Vinyl Siding VS Wood Siding VS Brick
- Easy Steps to Keep Animals Away From Your Home's Siding
- Hail Damage in Watertown, MN
- Hail As Large As 1.5 Inches in Chaska, MN
- Differences in Types of Vinyl Siding
- When is the Best Time to replace your Home Windows or Doors?
- The Average Costs of Replacing Home Siding
- Minnesota Roofing Underlayment Services - Protect Your Home from Hail, Snow & Ice Today
- How Do You Clean Vinyl Siding?
- What to Look for in a Roofing Contractor
- How long does a roof last?
- LP Smartside Resits Impact - Minnetonka, MN
- When should I replace my roof?
- Process to Replacing a Home Window
- Why are my shingles changing color, curling up? Looking rough?
- Roofing in St. Michael, MN - Storm Damage
- Home Window Tinting for Winter
- What options should I consider to reduce my insurance costs when replacing my roof?
- Storm Damage Hits Twin Cities - Trust Means a Lot
- The Top-Rated Home Window Brands to Choose From
- Average Home Window Replacement Cost