A Logical Solution to a Hydrological ProblemPosted:Jun 10th, 2013 5:16 pm
A Logical Solution to a Hydrological Problem
Many elements of your home exist for the sake of one fundamental goal ' keeping water out. Your roof, siding, windows, doors, drain tile, sump pump'... they all function to keep the rain and snow-melt moving away. While these elements all function well when installed properly, they can perform even better with a little help. New Exteriors by SMA, Inc. can provide that help with a simple and inexpensive solution ' gutters.
Heavy rain and natural snowmelt rolling off your eaves creates ruts, destroys landscaping and worst of all leads to basement flooding. Consider this:
1 inch of rain on 1 square foot of roof yields 0.6 gallons. If the roof area of a one-car garage is 15 ft x 20 ft (300 sq. ft.), then 1 inch of rain will yield 180 gallons of roof runoff.
With and average US roof being 2,400 sq ft and the average precipitation in the southern half of Minnesota being 34 inches, you've got 48,960 gallons of water racing toward your foundation every year.
Moving that water away from your most valuable investment is essential. It's also easy and affordable. NESMA offers seamless gutters, in a variety of colors, installed by experienced crews. They're available in aluminum or steel and come with a selection of covers to avoid the cost, mess and danger of cleaning your gutters.
Controlling that water also gives you other options, like 'harvesting' it in an eco-friendly rain barrel ' perfect for watering the lawn without the heavy cost or city watering schedule.
To protect your home for tomorrow, contact a NESMA Project Consultant today for your new gutters.
- Does Insurance Cover Widnow Replacement?
- 7 Popular Types of Home Windows
- Home Window Tinting for Summer
- A Comparison between Wood Framed and Vinyl Windows
- Hail NO! Did my cabin in Nisswa or Crosby, MN Get Hit
- How to Save Money with new Siding Installation
- Can You Paint Vinyl Siding
- What Kind of Maintenance is Required for Wood Siding, Vinyl Siding and Steel Siding?
- Steel Siding VS Vinyl Siding VS Wood Siding VS Brick
- Easy Steps to Keep Animals Away From Your Home's Siding
- Hail Damage in Watertown, MN
- Hail As Large As 1.5 Inches in Chaska, MN
- Differences in Types of Vinyl Siding
- When is the Best Time to replace your Home Windows or Doors?
- The Average Costs of Replacing Home Siding
- Minnesota Roofing Underlayment Services - Protect Your Home from Hail, Snow & Ice Today
- How Do You Clean Vinyl Siding?
- What to Look for in a Roofing Contractor
- How long does a roof last?
- LP Smartside Resits Impact - Minnetonka, MN
- When should I replace my roof?
- Process to Replacing a Home Window
- Why are my shingles changing color, curling up? Looking rough?
- Roofing in St. Michael, MN - Storm Damage
- Home Window Tinting for Winter
- What options should I consider to reduce my insurance costs when replacing my roof?
- Storm Damage Hits Twin Cities - Trust Means a Lot
- The Top-Rated Home Window Brands to Choose From
- Average Home Window Replacement Cost